Wednesday, February 18, 2009

¡crisol! (the melting pot)

Well, my job hunting saga continues daily as resume after resume is posted, emailed and faxed all over Central Florida. I get a few calls, very few. I may have to end up taking a Spanish course to actually get hired now. Yesterday's Ad's were full of very interesting job prospects and worth sending my resume in BUT because I only speak English I cannot apply. There were so many AD's that I decided to go ahead and post them here just so you can get an idea of the frustration that many job seeker' s must have like me that only know English. I wonder if this is a form of discrimination? What do you think?

*At least 2 years of recent MA experience ,Must speak Spanish fluently

*Bilingual a must.

*Bi-lingual a plus

*We are seeking English, Spanish/English, Cantonese/English, Mandarin/English, Vietnamese/English, and Korean/English bi-lingual telephone interviewers.

*looking for motivated bilinguals

*Candidate must be energetic, computer skills, organized, English/Hindi speaking, and Hard working.

*Bilingual Spanish Receptionist (Cuban dialect preferred)

*Must have flawless English and Spanish

*Must be able to speak fluently in both English and Portuguese as we have a multi speaking office.

*Persons applying MUST be bi-lingual.

*Preferred if person speak Arabic or/and Vietnamese.

*Must speak Englsih and Spanish ( I had to laugh at this one!! you must speak good but not necessarily know how to spell it!!) haha

I do understand that Florida and many states now have multi culture's with many different languages being spoken. America is home to everyone and is the 'melting pot' . I am glad so many can come here and find work and a wonderful place to live, I just want the same thing as well. Maybe the answer is to learn Spanish and quit bitching about it. I suppose it would be a smart thing to do in the long run to find a good job. I will check into it. You can also see by the Ad's that it is more then just knowing Spanish . It's like the "United Nations" around here! If I end up having to learn Spanish,Portuguese, Italian, Hindi or German to get a friggin job at "McDonalds" something is just wrong, so very wrong!! ha ha!! ¿quieres las patatas fritas con esa orden? você quer fritadas francesas com essa ordem? volete le patate fritte con quell'ordine? or wünschst du Pommes-Frites mit diesem Auftrag? ("do you want fries with that?")

Let us have but one end in view, the welfare of humanity; and let us put aside all selfishness in consideration of language, nationality, or religion. ~John Comenius, 17th century philosopher

No comments:

Post a Comment