Friday, February 6, 2009

The Shack (my first post)

I just finished reading "The Shack" .. My own opinion from reading it page to page I feel it is a must read by author Wm. Paul Young...Many have their own views about God and His place among us but this is fiction not fact and one must read it like that if you are going to find delight in it..Sure there are areas in the book that one would love to pick a part and say "that's not biblical'....but I have watched many wonderful and delightful movies that talk of God, make God into a very unusual character that ends up to be a very powerful message as well..no harm done except to tell a story that brings hope, restoration and forgiveness...This book makes you laugh, cry, and at times makes your knees weak....many times I had to stop, take a breath to compose myself, wipe the tears then start again....It is full of the power of God's love, Jesus' glory and the Holy Spirit's guidance...I think anyone dealing with a great loss, pain and unforgiveness with a loved one would benefit reading it. It is not the Bible, it is not scripture, it is not a study guide, but it is NOT New Age either. (which is nice). It is just an amazing journey and wonderful cool story of a man spending a powerful and fantastic weekend with an amazing God...all Three in one! It was really wonderful the way the writer put it together with much imagination....There are many glorious and funny moments too, when the character Mack walks on the water with Jesus and the first moment that I knew one of the characters was in fact the Holy Spirit when he reached to Mack's face to wipe his tears and said "I collect tears"...It is a wonderful soul searching adventure of turning pain and tragedy to victory and the journey to get there ......there are so many moments of catching your breath in this book that it is worth reading it for yourself without any judgements or trying to compare it to the Bible, just read it for the pure enjoyment, and wonder what it would be like to spend a weekend with our Creator! the moments of Mack's restoration with his father are so tender and wonderful, I couldn't help think it would make anyone dealing with past hurts delightfully touched and maybe even changed...Mack's 'great sadness' is such a horror that only a merciful and loving God could possibly understand,explain and heal his broken heart. This is 'just MY opinions' but this story really does detail 'where tragedy confronts eternity'..........so enough said, read it for yourself

2 comments:

  1. Way to go girl!! I knew you had it in you so now make some $$$ from it. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make some money from blogging? ummm interesting idea but doubt anyone would pay to listen to me rant! lol....thanks for the compliment anyway..

    ReplyDelete