Well, if you have a job KEEP IT! and don't complain. These days a little brown nosing and kissing up will be the only way to stay employed along with just being an excellent worker..If you find yourself having that dreaded 'bad day' get over it fast and look around you and thank the Lord you have a good job, and can bring home that paycheck.It wouldn't hurt you to even approach your employer once in a while and thank them for the security that you have....If you're looking for a job, there is plenty to complain about .. I have been job hunting for almost 18 month's now and we all know how horrible it is out there! Live and learn as they say and if I had any insight to all the horror the economy was in for I would have done things a whooooole lot different a few years back. BUT that was then and this is now. We never get to old for 'life lessons'.
I find at this graceful time in my life that many do not want to hire in middle age. "I ain't dead yet" 'They' look at that fact with their own set of insecurities I guess. They probably feel I may not stay with them long like someone in their 20's or 30's, or I may decide to retire early , or die in the hall from a massive coronary or better yet get so old I forget why I am there in the first place or could it have something to do with that fact I might have a lot of life experience and they just don't want to pay for that or listen to my opinion's? ummmm.. haha....can't imagine why they wouldn't want to hear "well ,when I was young" or "back when we did it". .well bottom line, if you can find a job that satisfies your wallet and you remain somewhat sane throughout the day you're blessed. Save all your frustrations, rants and opinions for your family, they won't fire you for being annoying... I'm sure they love to hear your endless stories of employee injustice, office gossip , politics and unfairness, no wait they actually don't, that's why I started to write . It was either start writing or drinking, we'll see which one works the best........ anyway, your boss really just wants you to clock in, work 150%, clock out and do the same thing with a great attitude everyday until you die and that really is OK!! If you have that rare and special employer that is interested in your life, your opinion's, and your world, then you are very lucky indeed and you better hold on to that job until they have to physically carry you out on a stretcher, strait jacket or black bag, but truthfully? they are not that into you so go cry somewhere else. In this economy right now I have learned for every AD I send my resume to there is 200 other applicants wanting that very same job! I probably send out 10 resumes a day and I might get one response in a month! I no longer take the silence as personal. I had an interview 3 weeks ago way into Orlando for a Family Practice office that specializes in weight control, exercise, and organic living..I bet when I walked in they gasped! haha.(now this one I could take personal)..They could probably tell I love chips and dip, in need of some serious liposuction, and was not a 20 year old spanish speaking supermodel..Gosh I never heard from them, what a surprise! I do have some very funny and interesting job hunting stories that I will share as time goes on..I will stop for today and catch my breath..I need to stand up and move around or this old lady will get a blood clot!! Better take a Bayer.....until later..have a great day!
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Isn't it amazing. Age discrimination in employment is illegal (government excepted), but it goes on every day with impunity. I know as I get older the job searches get much harder.
ReplyDelete