Well I saw Michael Jackson's "This is it" over the weekend. Wow, He never knew what a profound title that was. I sat mesmerized for close to 2 hours watching this master of talent. I thought "if this was just a rehearsal, I can just imagine what the real concert would have been like or should have been like"!
I wasn't a huge MJ fan but I certainly did appreciate his style. This movie captured his incredible showmanship and excellence. I never thought for one moment he was frail or sick. He danced around like a man in his 20's! There were a few times you could tell he was being helped through some 'lipsyncing' but he did say he was trying to 'save his voice' for the concert.
The thing that struck me the most was all the preparations going on for this elaborate show. The artists, dancers, musicians, decorators, fashion designers, producers and builders ..I sat there thinking the cost of all this and the way each and everyone had put their heart and soul into this man's talent. After one of these rehearsals Michael Jackson went home, couldn't sleep, took some pills, still couldn't sleep and then asked his doctor for his routine IV and went into a sleep to never wake up again. How very very sad. The whole thing kinda just made me mad ..I wasn't mad at anyone but MJ..Oh many have their opinions and rants about the doctor, and the 'yes men' surrounding Michael, and all the other reasons why he is dead, but plain and simple he was reckless with his life and the ultimate responsible person in his life that caused his death was himself. He had a great life to finish, many counted on him including his 3 young children and you can't just do whatever you want with your life and think that nothing will touch you..Cause and effect can be negative and positive and we make that choice for ourselves. We can blame everyone from his father to the doctor and everyone in between but Michael Jackson died because of the 'man in the mirror'.
The movie was great to watch to see his talent in action again, but very sad to know that behind the scenes, in his private world , he was suffering and it was his choice to shut out the people that could have helped him.
In a practical point, I hope the movie makes a boat load of money because watching that production take place I would imagine he left a huge debt and many out of work and out of income. I honestly don't blame the producers for making this movie to both honor the King of Pop and to recoup their money, it makes sense.
All in all, Michael Jackson was an incredible talent with a sad life and a tragic end and the movie honors his talents. The private side of MJ will most likely continue to be 'dishonored' by the tabloids , investigators and lawyers for years to come, and certainly not an honor fit for a King.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment