As most of you know I have a hate/hate relationship with Walmart. When my doctor told me yesterday that he was sending my scripts to Walmart I could feel that heaviness down in the pit of my stomach..Ooooooh Walmart I thought...But I was grateful for the service and convinced myself that maybe this time, this trip to Walmart would be a pleasant experience..One can only hope and pray right? I have had so many funny, frustrating and downright ridiculous stories about Walmart that many of my friends encourage me to write a book!!..lol..Actually I have written to the corporate offices and have spoken personally to store management but when your dealing with " that place" (its hard to say or write the word) I have found the best you will get is "I will let somebody know..........click"
I gave that place over 24 hours to get the rx's filled figuring that will make it an easy and fast in and out process..I mean once you step foot in there, you get sucked in and 4 hours later you emerge beaten down and depressed from employee abuse, cart abuse , customer horror's, and clean ups in aisle 1,2 and 3! As I approached the parking lot looking for a space to pull my car in I was already feeling the dread. I parked and proceeded to walk to the front door. Misfit carts were shoved in between the cars as I grabbed one to bring with me.."crap" why do I always get the one with the missing paint, rusted out handle and the three wheels! I left it there. It was either that or end up getting a tetanus..Entering that place you will come up to "the greeter" and as she welcomes you to Walmart she smiles and hands you another cart from hell..Why is she smiling when she must know that she is going to make the customer upset right off the bat by handing them a cart that doesn't work!! I pulled one out and it was the one with the wheel that doesn't move straight, it is the one that decides to rotate sideways and therefore makes the cart unable to move properly. Next I pulled out the cart we all know is surely demon possessed..We have all had that one! The one that for whatever reason will not follow directions. You turn it right, it wants to turn left and you struggle with it throughout the store, fighting and cursing it like a crazy person. By the time you are done shopping with that one you are physically exhausted and mentally drained! Next time I will throw holy water on it! After trying 4 carts I gave up and took the next one hoping it would at least move forward..It did , but after a few steps it started to bounce , shake and squeak and I walked around sounding like a friggin Clydesdale..Needless to say no one even notices the violent and loud cart because theirs sounds the same way! I made my way to the pharmacy and to my delight there was no wait!! I hit the jackpot! I went up and gave her my name..She said "Yes Stacy we have your three prescriptions ready" oh no! I knew there was supposed to be 4..I could feel the gnawing again in my stomach..I mentioned there should be a 4th and she looked on the computer and said "oh, here it is, for the Zantac, says here there is trouble"...Trouble? what the hell kind of trouble could there be with Zantac?? I mean maybe they got the name wrong, its Zantac not Zanax!! she went over and talked to the pharmacist..It was very intriguing..she returned saying "well it is trouble because your Doctor wrote for capsules and for the $10.00 Zantac it must be written for the tablets" it was all very dramatic!..I wonder if she could see my eyes rolling?? I thought to myself "for the love of god people, who cares?? " as we in the medical field know if your doctor had written a script for 'toilet paper' they wouldn't fill it unless it is specifically written for 2 or 3 ply?? geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez! anyway, so there I was stuck at that place, waiting on Zantac..She told me "we called him (meaning my doctor) this morning and we haven't heard back, could you come back in the morning??" now this was close to 5pm. she had no idea what she just asked of me!! to return to Walmart AGAIN??? that's when panic started to get the best of me, I could feel the shaking, the rise of blood pressure, it was getting hard to breathe and I looked down at my phone and prayed I still had my doctors cell phone number!! I did!! and I desperately dialed the number as if I was dialing 911.. Once he spoke to the pharmacist I knew I was on my way out...NOT!! they were impressed that they had their answer but because it was in the 'trouble file ' it would be another 45 minutes to an hour to fill!! oh my gosh! ok...I thought, this will be ok, I will stay calm, this place isn't going to defeat me, "greater is He that is in me" and all the other scriptures I could muster up...I will roam around the store. (surely a Walmart conspiracy to make sure you buy more stuff) I walked away with my wobbly, Clydesdale cart and proceeded to waste an hour....When I returned with my full cart of candles, plants , scented pine cones and other nonsense I didn't need ,I was told that because they were so busy it would be awhile longer, so she suggested to go check out my purchases and come back..I did just that and once that was done I returned to the pharmacy and again stood in line anxiously waiting my turn.. Excited to finally pick up my last item I was then told that it would be another 2 hours and maybe it was best to come back in the morning! 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" I told her in desperation that the girl told me it would be ready in an hour!!! I think I was starting to sweat and hyperventilate..All she could say was "well I'm sorry, we are behind" I looked around for the girl that told me 45 minutes in the first place, maybe she could save me, where is she?? she was gone!! no doubt she had just quit !!.. I stood there realizing why I have this relationship with that place in the first place and told myself once again "never go back in there Stacy, they are trying to destroy you". with my head hanging down in defeat I started to walk towards the door when I suddenly heard my name!! "Stacy!" I turned to see the pharmacist wave me over!! "I have your prescription ready"...it was a miracle, I wanted to hug him!!.....today I walked in to purchase 4 prescriptions for $40.00 , no line, no customers, no problems, no fuss .......2 hours later , my cart filled with time wasting items , a bill of over 150.00, and a new tick. As I left the store and the greeter smiled and said " Thank you for shopping at Walmart and have a nice day" I ran her over with my Clydesdale! Life is good again!
Friday, November 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I can so related to this. I think Walmart has an implied policy that "because we have cheap prices on prescriptions, we are going to jack you around for our entertainment". They never have all the pills when prescription is "ready" for pick up. At least they are consistant.
ReplyDelete