Friday, October 9, 2009

"I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaack!"

I have had so many people ask me where I have been lately. Well I had a job for about 2 months with a local Doctor. I had hoped that the job was going to permanent and my days of endless job hunting would be over..It wasn't to be. This was a small office with 2 doctors, one full time and one part time. There was 2 other staff members besides me..Why they wanted another person and why they hired me is still an unanswered question in my mind. I answered an AD from the doctor, had an interview with him at the local hospital and he called me and told me when to come in his office to start work. From my very first day of work it was strange. I walked to the front door and the place was closed and dark, I had to wait outside with the patients for the receptionist to arrive, she was late. When I told her and the nurse I was there to work, they just looked at each other with surprise.They had no idea I was coming, no idea why I was there and no idea what I was to do.....I should have turned around and run right then but I thought it was all rather funny and put my purse away and started in with getting to know the place. It was downhill from there....

All I can say about that job is that it turned out to be the most bizarre office I have ever worked in all my years of employment. And I have been working since I was 14 years old. I sometimes have to ask myself if I am a magnet for the strange and weird. Maybe I am. I worked in chaos, disorganization and strange everyday. I think back and wonder if I should have just stayed there and just overlooked all the bizarre around me for the paycheck, because being without work again is really horrible.BUT....everyone has their limits of what they can endure and eventually they had me working 5-10 hours a week, yep a week. And I ask again, why was I hired? I don't know... soooooo making 50 dollars a week was my final realization that this wasn't the best place for me. ..I did accomplish some necessary cleaning and straightening. I left the bathroom clean ,painted and decorated, threw away trash and broken down machinery, tried to arrange the patient charts in alphabetical order,( notice I said tried ) I cleaned the doctors office so he could walk in there and actually sit at his desk and work. I spent 2 days on my hands and knees, and hours upon hours shredding years of old records. I ended up hurting my left arm and pulling a muscle so badly that it still hurts today. Workman's comp?? lets see..........NOT!..This was an office that the doctor didn't even provide his staff fresh water to drink and a working refrigerator and you think he would have workman's comp?? so I suffer with this pain everyday as a constant reminder of my very strange encounter with a very strange office. The stories I could tell are hilarious to the absurd and everything in between. I don't want to insult anyone (much) so I will just leave it all to your own imaginations, but one day I had to take a temperature on a feverish patient and could not find a thermometer anywhere in the office. I was running around looking for one like a crazy person. The poor sick patient was probably wondering why I was such an idiot..Me too. I ended up borrowing one from the office across the hall..I knew from that point this was going to be a wild ride! Need I say more?? It just got worse after that....

So somewhere out there is a place for me (sounds like a song, ummmm) and I am at it again, checking the want Ad's daily. Today I found one that wanted a lady to sell sex toys..Oh geeez, I'm just to tired, my heart wouldn't be in it, I'm sure every time someone wanted a party I would get a headache and the sales pitch? I would fall over laughing!! "I'm fired" !!



No comments:

Post a Comment