Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"response from Washington state"

Fred got a response regarding his letter that I posted here the other day! It is always great to put your words out there and be a voice and it is validated with a concerned reply. I have posted the response below:

From: Kelley.Troy@leg.wa.gov

Dear Fred,

Thank you for your email regarding the release of offenders. Public safety is a top priority for me, and that is why I joined the House Judiciary Committee this year. I realize that many offenders who have served their time are not yet ready to be released into our community. The Special Commitment Center on McNeil Island is a step in the right direction with regard to keeping sexual predators from entering back into society before they are rehabilitated. I would argue that we need to strengthen regulations within the Center to prevent its residents from making inappropriate calls, and I prime sponsored a bill that would have done that. As I discuss and review other legislation that will keep our families safe from repeat offenders, I will keep your concerns in mind. I appreciate your input.> > > Sincerely,> > > Troy> > > -----TO: Senator Mike Carrell> > CC: Representative Troy Kelley> Representative Tami Green

Fred also got a phone call from State Senator Mike Carrell last night. "We had a long talk about the entire criminal justice system last night. He didn't come out and say it, but reading between the lines I think the GPS tracking devices were some sort of experiment by the Governor's office to see if they could supervise electronically. He says he has a group of ordinary citizens who keep him in contact with public sentiment. He is sending me his cell phone, home phone, personal email, etc. so that I can join that group.
Fred"


It is fantastic that Fred's one email got so far!! One voice of passion can change a law and can make new ones!! Keep in up my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment